Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day 5-Something I hope I never have to do in my lifetime.

Ok, so I turn thirty something tomorrow (you think I'm actually gonna give you my real age)? Hehe.

So, I am at the age where yes, I'm ready to settle down. Have the house, the two car garage, the kids running around.....yada yada. A lot and I do mean a LOT of my friends have already been married and divored. Some of them twice! To me that is crazy. I couldn't even imagine it. Now, I'm not judging here- as a child of a mother that went through two divorces it is very clear to me that certain people do not belong together. A lot of times, in the best interests of children too ( I hated hearing the yelling and feeling the constant tension in the house when growing up).

But, I've also seen the effects of divorce on my friends, their children...even the effects on my parents that I witnessed growing up- I would never in my life wish that upon anyone.

I've been through my fair share of breakups-some harder than others. The last one was the hardest-and it almost destroyed me. So, I hope I NEVER have to go through a divorce.

To fall in love with somebody and think you will grow old with that person only to have that bond broken due to (insert reason here), would devastate me.  I want to be married, and I want it to be for life.

I do not want to go through the emotional BS that goes with divorce, and if kids are involved, that would just add fuel to the fire. Then there's the splitting of assets and etc.....to me it just sounds horrible. I've seen it, lived through it with my parents- and I rank it up there with loved ones passing away.  It's a mournful event.

So, I hope I never have to go through divorce...and to quote Forrest Gump "that's all I have to say about that."

~Stephanie

1 comment:

  1. bravo and agreed. wish id met you b4 i lost all faith in marriage :D - sean michael

    ReplyDelete