Tuesday, January 18, 2011

30 days of truth......Day 7, Someone who has made your life hell or treated you like crap.

This subject hits home for me tonight.

For 1 reason- I truly do believe that my coworker, friend and BOSS...is in fact bipolar.

I have a love/hate relationship with her. She wants so badly to be my friend. I go to church with her, have dinner at her house, and have lunch with her.

But, that is what makes my life hell. It is hard for me to dislike her. When she's my friend, she's great. She's funny, she laughs, she's NORMAL. But, she will turn on anybody in a heartbeat and leave you thinking "what the hell just happened?"

 Now, maybe, just maybe it is menopause. I've yet to figure it out. I have my degree in psychology, therefore, I've determined it is either menopause or she is in fact bipolar ....as she exhibits all the classic etiology of such.

Prime Example: I had a coworker who was homosexual. He hasn't shown up for work in a week.
So, needless to say, he has no job now as he was a "no call, no show."

I casually mentioned that I still have his high dollar Gucci dress that I borrowed, and I mentioned it in front of her not knowing whether or not she knew he was gay. I am not the type of person that will go "Oh my gosh, (insert name here), did you know that so and so is gay???  That is not my place. If he wanted her to know he was, he would have told her.

Boy did she get extremely angry at me. She accused me and the staff of "keeping secrets from her" and "what do you say about me behind my back?"  Well, we have a ZERO tolerance policy of gossip in the office. So, no one in my office ever really talked about it....unless he brought it up. She told me I was childish from keeping secrets from her....I told her she was childish for reacting the way she did. She got very mad that I "talked back to her."

I was just being honest. She always judges people...patients, employees. She is very religious- and a lot of times - she will blatantly say that "(insert name)" "is going to hell because (insert reason)."

She makes my life hell everyday. Being my friend one minute- and ripping my head off the next.  I stay at my job because I love my coworkers, and I love the job itself. I even love her...the nice side of her. I just don't know when the nice side is going to come out.  I know she has a great heart....but something is very mentally wrong with her.

When she's in a bad mood, oh you'd better watch out because you can do NOTHING right. Then, everything is my fault or (insert another employee's) fault.

So, this is my vent/blog for the day. The subject seemed appropriate for the fight that she and I had tonight.

DISCLAIMER: No names or companies were mentioned here.

And if she gets wind of this blog and reads it....it's okay. I have an interview with Sandia Labs. And, if nothing comes of that, I have no doubt with my skills, my education, and experience that something will come my way.

God bless that woman.

~Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment