Thursday, January 27, 2011

30 Days Of Truth- A singer or band who has gotten you through some tough ass days.

You know, I REALLY cannot pick only ONE band or artist.

It depends on what is going on in my life to make it tough, and my mood.
I mean, I am not going to listen to Patsy Cline (love her, love her, love her), when ...I'm going through a breakup.
At the risk of TOTALLY getting razzed by peers, I'll turn on Madonna very loud in the car and drive through the mountains singing at the top of my lungs (it's much better than yelling at someone).

When I was 14, my first REAL boyfriend (first kiss), gave me Nirvana's "In Utero" for Christmas. I wore that tape out (yes, it was a cassette tape-for a CD player was VERY expensive then-shush it). Singing angrily along with Kurt Cobain was cathardic during my teenage angst. As well as Nine Inch Nails.

During my 20's, I really got into Dave Matthews. I saw at least 3 concerts of his live every year. His mad guitar skills and folky music just..well put me in a good mood. I'd listen to him quite a bit after working all day then going to school. I still listen to his old stuff sometimes.....just to take myself back to the magical days of then.

Right now, I've got Sting And The Police greatest hits in my CD player. That's what I have been singing along to lately. If I'm depressed some days, I'll pull up some Johnny Cash.

And of course, at anytime, whether good or bad days- Pink Floyd never fails me.

This blog subject tonight I find to be quite boring actually-so if this sucked....I apologize in advance for taking 5 minutes of your life that you won't get back. :)

~Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment