Thursday, January 20, 2011

30 days of truth......Day 9, someone you need to let go or wish you didn't know.

Matt.

I need to let go of Matt. I am very close. Very very close. He has a girlfriend, I am dating someone wonderful.
I've pretty much let go of him except for the closure-there were things that needed to be talked through and understood. But, I've got to let life move one.

What is hard, is that I fell in love with Matt's kids. They will always be like the kids I never had.
It makes it very hard for me to not see them on the weekends. I want to cook them meals, play X-Box with them. Wrestle.

It would be harsh to say that I wish I didn't know him...because these great kids came into my life. And, I don't regret that. They are wonderful. A boy and a girl. Respectful, funny, smart as hell.

So the conundrum is...how do I let Matt completely go- when I don't want to let the kids go?
I can do without Matt...I've moved on.

But, those kids-I will always be there for them. I will not let them go.

Matt-you can go. God be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment