Thursday, March 3, 2011

30 Days of Truth-LOVERS and HATERS

HATERS-yeah, you. I know who you are. You flagged my blog as "offensive." Whatever. No foul language was used. I've had debates over more petty stuff than the stuff I've written on this blog. So, keep hatin if ya want...but you won't stop me from writing.
So, that's all I'll say about the subject of hate, because it's just not a subject I care for. I don't hate. I do hate that I have to work on my day off at 3p.m. today, but hey, at least I got to sleep in a little.

LOVERS-yeah you. You know who you are.

I have two loves in my life. One is a platonic love (this kid is like a son to me).
He brightens my day with his smiley faces that he sends me. I get a kick out of seeing his pictures of himself flying through the air with a skateboard. Such a great kid this one is. So proud of him (his report card was awesome). Has model good looks but he's so unpretentious and I suspect he could care less that he's going to have to fight off the girls in the next few years. Good lord have mercy on his parents! ;-)

Then, there's Brian. Wonderful, sweet, caring, Brian. Always makes sure I'm fed (like I need it LOL). Rescued a stray from death row. Cares for people all day long and doesn't bitch.

Wears a diabetic pump, has to watch his diet, and never gripes. Always smiles.
Hung curtains for his pregnant friend last night ( I promise he did, I was there).

Leaves me sweet notes and little surprises in my purse. It's the little things ya know.

Here's what blew me away about Brian though (today).
Well, let me back up.

Brian knows pretty much everything about me that I can think of. I told myself that in this relationship, I would hold nothing back. He knows my less than to be desired past. He knows my less than to be desired idiosynchrocies.

He knows I've battled depression, addiction, laziness, bitchiness....you name it, I've dealt with it.

This morning, I had a horrible nightmare. Hadn't had a nightmare in a long time. This one was really really bad. I woke up bawling.
I won't go into details...but I told him all about the nightmare ( I mean, I woke the poor guy up by jumping nearly to the roof). He listened.  I was afraid he was going to think I was Charlie Sheen's next goddess- needing a Halcion/Lithium cocktail the size of a Big Gulp or something.

He just looked at me, very endearingly. He hugged me. And he said something that NO MAN HAS EVER SAID TO ME: "I love you, so, I will take the bad and the good."  Then he held me tight and I was calm and comforted.

Yes. I'm smitten. Where did this angel come from?

~Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment